Call for Trainings (closed)
OWASP is soliciting training providers for the AppSecEU conference which will be held in Belfast 8th - 12th May 2017.
We are interested in all topics related to Web Application Security and OWASP, in particular, but not limited to (these are just examples):
- Secure development: frameworks, best practices, secure coding, methods, processes, SDLC
- Vulnerability analysis: code review, pentest, static analysis
- Threat modelling
- Mobile security
- Cloud security
- Browser security
- HTML5 security
- OWASP tools or projects in practice
- New technologies, paradigms, tools
- Privacy in web apps, Web services (REST, XML) and data storage
- Operations and software security
- Management topics in Application Security: Business Risks, Outsourcing/Offshoring, Awareness Programs, Project Management, Managing SDLC
Training should be of a practical nature, i.e. we will look favorably on a hands-on training. Also, please refrain from submitting marketing talks or including sales pitches within the training.
All trainers will be required to submit a Training Instructor Agreement.
The following conditions apply for those that want to provide training at the OWASP AppSecEU conference. The training provider:
- should provide class syllabus / training materials.
- will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and all course materials for students.
- can brand training materials to increase their exposure.
- should promote training on all available media eg. Twitter, Linkedin
OWASP will provide the venue, marketing, registration logistics and basic wireless internet access. If you need additional technical arrangements, it is important to let us know.
OWASP will reserve up to two training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost. Please note that for data privacy reasons OWASP can’t provide trainers with contact information of the attendees.
Your submission is subject to approval by a small core team of the program committee, chaired by Owen Pendlebury.
- Deadline for proposals: January 2, 2017
- Notification to training providers: January 23, 2017
- Training: May 8, 9, 10
Split of Revenue
Price per attendee: 3-Day Class €2,050 / 2-Day Class €1,400 / 1-Day Class €750 . Earnings will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
To submit a proposal, please provide an abstract of your intended training (500 to 1000 characters), a brief biography (400 to 1000 characters), an outline, your instructor experience and basic course information for evaluation by the planning committee.
Call for papers is now closed
Upon selection you will be required to submit a completed OWASP Training Instructor Agreement and provide a headshot of the instructor(s).